Armoise oil is extracted from Artemisia vulgaris of the Asteraceae (Compositae) family and is also known as Mugwort. This aromatic perennial herb has red-purple stems and deeply cut, dark green leaves with white undersides. Panicles of tiny red-brown flowers appear in summer.It was traditionally used as a charm to protect against evil and danger.In Chinese medicine, the dried, compressed leaves (moxa) are used to briefly warm the skin in case of internal cold.As a herb, it was used as a digestive stimulant, a diuretic, and a nerve tonic. In the British Herbal Pharmacopoeia Mugwort is specifically listed for amenorrhea and dysmenorrhoea.
Armoise oil is extracted from the leaves and flowering tops.
The main chemical components of mugwort oil are a-thujone, b-thujone, 1,8-cineole, camphene and camphone.
Armoise oil should not be used in aromatherapy as it is considered to be toxic, a neurotoxin and an abortifacient.
Benefits & Uses :
- Armoise essential oil is very efficient in assassination of intestinal worms.
- It invigorates digestive system of the body.
- Armoise essential oil also works well as a local anesthetic for rheumatism, neuralgia, and arthritis.
- It also has the anesthetic and insomnia properties
- Used for painful or delayed maturation cycle
- Has great healing capacity
- Used in fragrances in soaps, colognes, perfumery.
- It has anesthetic and insomnia properties that make it effective for the treatment of the aforementioned problems.